How to Make Cannabis Tea with your Leftover Stems
Did you know you can make tea or coffee with your leftover stems? If you have been throwing them away for years, keep them! If you don’t drink tea or coffee, make a hot chocolate. Or gift the drink to a fellow stoner!
Keep your stems dry and safe in a glass jar, in a dark place. When you have accumulated about a quarter of a cup, you can try this recipe out!
Ingredients for Cannabis Stem “Green” Tea
- Dry cannabis stems (and leftover shake, popcorn nugs [smaller buds], or larger buds for increased potency) or AVB (already vaped bud)
- 1 cup of coffee creamer (Half and Half) or milk (almond, coconut, any milk of your preference works fine)
- 3 cups of water
- Tea (or coffee) that is best with milk or cream (try chai tea or a latte, or make a milkshake and include ice cream)
- Raw sugar or sweetener (agave, honey or maple syrup work well)
- Cheesecloth for straining
Method Using Stems or Shake
- Using a small saucepan, bring your milk to a slow boil.
- At the same time you are waiting for the milk or creamer to boil, get to work on grinding your stems and loosies as finely as possible. If it is like dust, you have it right!
- As the milk or creamer comes to a boil, add the cannabis stems, all busted up. Don’t walk away yet! Slowly stir the mixture and let it boil for close to 10 minutes. Keep stirring, slowly.
- Remove the mixture from heat, letting it sit and cool slightly. Prepare your cheesecloth or a coffee/tea filter. Strain the milk and cannabis mixture thoroughly. This may be a messy process, it is worth it!
- Make your tea or coffee. Combine this mixture with the cannabis milk. The milk will not taste as it usually does, so make plenty of tea or coffee to dilute the milk. You may not like the taste, but you will love the effect!
- Sweeten your hot beverage as needed with sugar or sweetener. Add cinnamon or extra honey if you dislike the cannabis taste. Experiment as you would with tea or coffee, adding syrups or flavors.
- If you do not drink tea or coffee, try the cannabis milk on its own, adding sweetener while it is still warm. Then you can make a milkshake out of it! Just add your own flavor and ice cream!