Medicated Mac ‘n Cheese Dogs
For this awesome infused recipe, we decided to put a spin on a classic! Introducing… Medicated Mac ‘n Cheese Dogs!
This is a really simple recipe that you could always use in a pinch. Also great for summer barbeques (as long as everyone is aware they’re infused, of course), and great for lunch!
As always, be sure to clearly mark these are infused, and enjoy responsibly.
Prep – Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Cook – Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
What You’ll Need
- Small elbow macaroni, 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Butter, 1/4 stick
- Cannabutter, 6-8 teaspoons
- All purpose flour, 1 tablespoon
- Half and half, 1 cup
- Milk, 1 cup
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Sharp cheddar, 2 cups +
- Hot dogs and Buns
- Bacon bits, 1/2 Cup +
What You’ll Do
- Start boiling a small – medium sized pot of water at medium – low heat. Add pasta when water has reached boil. Stir occasionally. Est. Time: 5-7 Minutes
- Once pasta is done, strain water, and run under cold water to cool the pasta.
- Melt butter. Once butter is melted, add in flour, half and half, milk, and salt. Feel free to throw in a little pepper for taste, if you so choose.
- Cook on medium – low heat again, whisk until it forms a slightly thick mixture. It should stick to the whisk slightly when done.
- Begin stirring in the cheddar 1 – 2 cups at a time until you get the consistency and cheesiness you want. I suggest 3 – 4 cups of cheddar.
- Mix in bacon bits. Feel free to use as much as you want here. I used about a half cup.
- Pour pasta into large mixing bowl, and mix the cheese and macaroni until it’s mixed together well.
- Prepare your hot dogs in your favorite manner. For this recipe, I boiled them for about 5-7 minutes, just like the pasta.
- Bun your hot dogs, and top them with a gracious heap of Mac ‘n Cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!