How to make weed candies: 3 best recipes
If you are an avid marijuana user, looking for a way to experience a greater high, or you are new to marijuana but would rather not consume it by smoking, then these weed candy recipes will be perfect for you. Having THC infused candy is the ideal way to satiate your desire for weed and for something sweet, thus killing two birds with one stone.
There are many weed candy recipes out there. However, not all are created equally. In order to make the best tasting weed candies, care must be taken to ensure you have the right ingredients and materials. Learn how to make weed candies with these three recipes, they are some of the best world weed candies.
Making Weed Lollipops – Making the Tincture
The most essential ingredient for weed infused lollipops like the other recipes that will be discussed here, is the cannabis tincture (or the hash oil). Tincture is the concentrated extract of cannabis chemicals like cannabinoids. (http://www.ncsm.nl/english/diy/weed-candy-recipes) Creating the tincture for your cannabis candy recipes does not have to be difficult. You can either do it manually or use an equipment like the Magical Butter Machine to get the job done. In order to get the tincture without using the Butter Machine, you have to manually grind the weed you plan to use. After taking the weed from the bud and grinding it, you have to decarboxylate it at around 255 F for about 30 minutes. This is so the cannabinoids are activated. Next you will need the alcohol solvent Everclear. You will place the decarboxylated weed to soak in a container with the solvent for as long as four weeks, depending on the potency you desire. The final step is to strain your weed concentrate to get rid of any plant particles you don’t want. At this stage you are ready to move on to the next phase of making your weed candy.
There are many strains of cannabis to choose from when making your tincture, ranging in THC levels. The two main kinds of cannabis are Sativa and Indica, which have different impacts on the mind and body. Sativa is more stimulating, while Indica gives a more relaxing feeling when consumed.
Ingredients for Weed Lollipops
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon flavor of your choice (choose from grapes to oranges to strawberries)
- 2-3 teaspoons of weed tincture
You will also need a lollipop mold, lollipop sticks, sauce pan and a thermometer.
Method for the Marijuana Candy Recipe
- Mix the sugar, corn syrup, and filtered water in a sauce pan. Put flame to medium and stir to dissolve the contents.
- Next bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil until it reaches 300 F; use your thermometer to ensure this.
- Next remove from the heat.
- Allow mixture to to 250 F before adding your weed tincture and flavor. (Always be extra careful when using alcohol based tincture as it can cause a fire.)
- The next step is to add the mixture into the lollipop mold then insert the lollipop
- The final step is to let the mixture cool in the mold, which can take up to thirty minutes. However, once it is cool, your lollipops will be ready!
Making Chocolate Pot Candy
The second recipe is for chocolate pot candies. Who can resist chocolate? Put chocolate and THC together, and you get the perfect sweet treat. Here are the ingredients you will need to make your own chocolate candy:
- 3-5 grams of ground weed (Again you choose the strain of your choice as well as the amount of weed you want to use. Higher grams of weed will of course result in more potent pot You may test the potency of the mixture when you combine the tincture with the other ingredients and add more if you desire)
- 100 grams of dark chocolate (you may use bar chocolate or chocolate chips of any brand you prefer)
- A bowl
- A saucepan
- A mould for the chocolate
Method for Making Chocolate Pot Candies
- Decarboylate your cannabis
- Melt your chocolate (It is best to melt your chocolate by steaming it above the flame than making it come in contact with the boiling water.)
- While your chocolate is in the glass bowl, stir to help it melt
- Next, combine the decarboxylated weed with the melted chocolate (it is important that you ground the weed as fine as possible so you get a nice mixture)
- When everything is mixed properly, pour the mixture into the chocolate mold so that it can get hard. (Tip: you can also use ice trays in place of a mold if you don’t have one.)
- Try to remove air bubbles in the chocolate by lifting the mold off the table then gently placing it back down.
- Then place the mold inside the fridge to cool and harden.
- Once the chocolate is hard, it is time to eat!
Recipe for Cannabis Gummy Bears
The third recipe is for pot gummies bears. Who doesn’t love the soft feel and sweetness of gummy bears? Infused with weed they are even better at satisfying your sweet tooth. Here are the recommended ingredients to make your perfect weed gummies:
- 1 oz tincture
- 2 tea bags of your choice (green tea etc.)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar or honey
- ½ cup coconut water or filtered water
- ¾ cup flavoured juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons agar-agar powder or gelatin
You will also need: a condiment bottle, silicon gummy bear molds, a saucepan, funnel, measuring cup, whisk and a spatula.
Directions for Making Cannabis Gummies
- Pour the coconut water into the saucepan then bring to boil.
- Afterwards you steep the tea bags into the coconut water for about 10 minutes. (Never less than 4 minutes, however.)
- Add your juice, salt, honey or sugar to the saucepan.
- Stir ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
- Next you return the mixture to the stove to boil at a low flame.
- Add the gelatin or agar-agar powder and whisk repeatedly for 3–4 minutes. (Use gelatin or agar agar based on your preference.)
- Add your desired dosage of tincture and whisk thoroughly until fully homogenous.
- Take off saucepan off the stove then place the funnel in a condiment bottle.
- Pour the mixture into the condiment bottle. (Always be careful at this step as the liquid is very hot)
- Use a mitt or table cloth to hold the bottle then squeeze the contents into the mold for the weed gummies.
- Place the mold into the refrigerator for about 15 minutes until hard.
- When harden, take the gummy bears out of the mold and place in an airtight jar.
- Then enjoy your pot candy!
Weed Edibles- a better alternative to smoking
Making weed edibles is a great way to enjoy marijuana. It is especially a great way to introduce non-smokers to the incredible medical benefits of the herb. These benefits range from pain relief to alleviating cancer treatment related symptoms. Smoking in public whether it be cigarettes or weed , is prohibited in some places, therefore eating edibles is a discrete way of getting a high without being fined. Similarly, eating pot edibles eliminate the risk of smelling like weed like you sometimes do when you smoke it.
There are a myriad of marijuana strains to choose from, strains that you may purchase at your local dispensary or online. As mentioned, there are two main types of cannabis: sativa and indica.
A sativa dominant hybrid, Trainwreck gives a euphoric feeling and helps to relieve pain. This strain produces high yield as well and therefore makes a good home grown plant for those who grow their own medical marijuana.
This sativa hybrid is one of the most famous marijuana strains. It is unique for creating a refreshing and deep pine aroma and taste. (This taste will affect the taste of the edibles you make.) It also has a high yield and is a favourite among home canna growers.
This indica dominated strain is relaxing and induces sleep and removes worry. It is a great strain to go with your pot candy at night for use as a sleep aid. It is also a popular strain for everyday cooking and smoking as it grows and blooms fast
This indica dominant strain also has a high THC content. It also has a high resin production, making the buds full of essential oils that when extracted can create potent cannabutter.
Protecting yourself from overdose
It is operative that you protect yourself from overdosing when making edibles. While specific grams of THC were recommended, you can lesson the amount of intake as desired, especially if you are new to marijuana consumption. Many other factors will determine the amount of dosage you can take, which include your body weight, the type of concentrate used, whether you are hungry or full when having the candy, among other things. If it is your first time trying edibles, it is recommended to start off with a 25 milligram dosage. If it is not as strong as you like, you can have another 25 milligram of candy. When consuming edibles for the first time, is wise to do so in a familiar place with people you know.
There are many other weed candy recipes out there for you to try. The ones suggested in this article are great ones to start out with, and you can add to the ingredients if you so desire.
- 1 Making Weed Lollipops – Making the Tincture
- 2 Making Chocolate Pot Candy
- 3 Recipe for Cannabis Gummy Bears
- 4 Directions for Making Cannabis Gummies
- 5 Weed Edibles- a better alternative to smoking
- 6 Marijuana Strains
- 7 Protecting yourself from overdose