Grilled Pizza Sandwich Recipe
The munchies are just one of those guaranteed experiences in life. It’s almost impossible to not crave all kinds of food after a smoke sesh. In this recipe, we’ll tie two of our favorite munchies into one: Grilled Cheese and Pizza!
This Grilled Pizza Sandwich is extremely easy to make and there are a lot of different ways for you to add or remove “toppings” to fine tune it to your liking.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
What You’ll Need
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese, 1/2 – 1 Cup
- Red Pizza Sauce, 3 – 4 Tbsp
- Pepperoni, 4 – 10 Slices
- Bacon Bits, 1 Tbsp
- Mushrooms, Sliced
- Butter or Oil, 1 – 2 Pats / 1 – 2 Tbsp
- White or Wheat Bread, 2 Slices
- Frying Pan
How You’ll Do It
- Lay out slices of bread side by side and apply pizza sauce to the top of both slices. Pick only one slice to stack ingredients on.
- Begin layering the shredded Mozarella on your chosen slice. Make sure to use a good amount.
- Place as much pepperoni as you’d like on top of the layer of shredded Mozarella.
- Prepare frying pan, and sauté mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms on top of the pepperoni.
- Dash the bacon bits over top, feel free to use as much as you’d like, just like the pepperoni.
- Now fill in the holes along the edges of the bread with more Mozarella and top off the stack with one more layer of Mozarella. This is to make sure you get a good melted consistency when cooking.
- Once again prepare your pan, add more oil or butter if necessary. Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Place the sandwich in the pan and flip every few minutes. make sure the heat isn’t too high as you want to fully melt the cheese inside without burning the bread.
- Once cheese is melted and your sandwich is golden brown you’re done! Serve and enjoy.