Homemade Tangy Salad Dressing with a Buzz
Spring is here and summer is coming. Eating later at night is common through the summer months; the sun doesn’t set until late and who wants to miss a balmy summer’s night? For a lot of folks, eating through spring and summer shifts from heavier meals like pastas and stews when the sun sets, to salads and soups later in the evening. Guess what? You can easily infuse your own salad dressings at home with cannabis and other clean ingredients, and I assure you, your salads are going to be in high demand at dinner time with friends and family.
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil (keep it straight or use the infused stuff to catch a buzz)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (I like caramelized, but you can mix it up with other types: try apple cider vinegar and other vinegars to suit your tastes! Don’t be afraid to experiment!)
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp of crushed or minced garlic
- Juice from a lemon (Place lemon in microwave for 10 seconds, it will juice easier. Some like it tangy with a lot of lemon, some like less. Suit your own taste. I love it zesty!)
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
The method here is super simple. Melt the coconut oil down in a mason jar in the microwave and add all the other ingredients. Give it a good shake, put your back into it! Drizzle immediately on salad and use the rest within a week. Refrigerate in the meantime. Serves 4.
To Infuse with Cannabis
There are a few ways you can easily infuse your salad dressing:
- Substitute some or all of the standard extra virgin coconut oil for cannabis-infused coconut oil
- Use already vaped bud, or AVB, to infuse your salad recipe by adding it to the dressing when you shake it all up in the mason jar
- Use your reclaim from your dabs rig to add to the salad dressing. Information on how to harvest your reclaim is here, and how to use it for edibles is here.