Powdered & Sprinkled Frosting-Filled Donut Holes Recipe
Feel like switching your edible game up? Try out these awesome frosting filled donut holes!
They really do the job in a pinch. As always, be sure to clearly indicate that these are medicated to prevent any accidental dosing.
What You’ll Need
- Vanilla Extract, 2 teaspoons
- Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda, 1/2 teaspoon
- Large Egg
- Pastry bag
- Cannabis Coconut Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1/4 tablespoon
- White Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Milk, 1 cup (or water)
- All-Purpose Flour, 1 cup
- Mini-Muffin Pan
Cinnamon Sugar / Toppings
- Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- White Sugar, 1/3 cup
- Butter, 1/2 stick, melted
- Powdered Sugar, 1 lb (about 3 1/2 cups)
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Cold Milk, 5 – 10 teaspoons
- Canna-butter, 1 cup (one stick)
Prep time: 15-20 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 30-35 Minutes
What You’ll Do
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Lightly grease mini-muffin pan.
- Quickly whisk the dry ingredients together (the flour, baking powder & soda, and sugar).
- Add the egg, water, cannabis coconut oil, milk/water, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and whisk until it’s a consistent texture and has no lumps.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Donut holes should be golden brown on the top when taken out. Check if they’re finished by sticking a tooth pick in the top. If it comes out dry it’s done!
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the canna-butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Add the powdered sugar only one cup at a time, and mix milk in in between every cup.
- Put filling in pastry bag. Jab pastry bag tip into top of muffin and fill with the filling, you should feel it start to expand. Be careful not to overfill!
If it doesn’t fill the donut hole, it may be necessary to stick a straw, chopstick, or long thin instrument in and pivot in a clock/counter-clockwise rotation to clear some room for the filling.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and ground cinnamon for the coating.
- Take each muffin out of the pan, brush with butter, and roll in cinnamon sugar mix. Set aside on a plate and serve.
(Optional) Gather small bowls of sprinkles to roll them in for assorted donut holes