Do you know how to weigh your herb without a scale? There’s plenty of reasons why someone would want to know how much weed they had left, but not all of those reasons would require you to have a scale on hand. Without it, you could feel pretty SOL, but you don’t have to have a scale to weigh your weed. That’s not to say a scale wouldn’t be a better choice (obviously), though you don’t have to have one in order to get your stash weighed out! These tips and tricks have been time tested by many a stoner, each one capable of approximating your remaining bud!
The Ruler and The Penny
Do you remember attempting to balance a ruler on anything when you were in grade school? What if I told you that if you have a ruler, something to balance it on and a penny from 1982 or later you can weigh your bud? The 1982 and newer pennies weigh in at 2.5 grams each, allowing you to weigh out 2.5 grams at a time!
Hang Em High, Hang Em Low
If you’ve got some string, a plastic hanger and some extra time on your hands you can engineer yourself a fantastic scale. As far as what you can use as a counterweight, a U.S. Nickel actually weighs in at 5.00 grams, now here’s how you make it:
- Cut the top off of the hanger then locate the center at the bottom and drill a hole.
- Drill a hole in the right and left sides of the hanger, equal distances away from the center.
- Cut two even pieces of string long enough to use on either side (leave yourself some slack, it’s easier to cut more off than it is to add more on). You can be really creative and create your own little baskets, but using a regular wooden clothespin works just fine as well!
- Cut one more piece of string and tie it to your center point. You’ll use this one to hang a center weight, so keep that in mind.
- Attach your side pieces and hang it up, you’re ready to go!
The Smartphone Scale
Nowadays technology has advanced far enough that you don’t even need to have a scale to have a scale. Luckily for us, there are a few apps we can use via your smartphone in order to get you sorted. While this is an option for you I feel I should also mention that smartphone weight measuring is still in the developmental stage, so they can be a bit unreliable at times. With that being said, they can definitely help out in a pinch!
There’s no reason you shouldn’t have your weed weighed out if you wanted it to be, regardless if you have a scale or not. Get yourself taken care of with any one of these simple tricks that would each only take moments more of your time than a digital scale would!