How To Thoroughly Clean Your Glass Piece
You finally purchased your first glass piece – yay! You break that sucker in by smoking a whole quarter out of it, use it a few more times and then realize that your piece isn’t looking or performing quite like it did when you bought it. Well, you’re in luck because I’m here to teach you how to clean out your glass piece the fast, easy and right way.
The first thing you need to do is get all the supplies you need to clean your piece. This includes:
- Rubbing alcohol (70%-99%)
- Table salt
- Pipe cleaners
Fold the towel into fourths and place it in the sink. This will serve as a cushion in case you drop your piece while cleaning it.
Make sure you remove everything in your bong. This includes ash catchers, stems and bowls.
1. Next, pour some salt into your piece. You don’t have to use a lot. Pour in about 3 teaspoons worth. If you have a perc, fritted disc, or honeycomb you might need to pour salt in from both ends of your piece to make sure you get some inside the open areas.
2. You then want to pour in the rubbing alcohol. You want to pour enough that you can clean every inch of your piece but don’t overdo it.
3. Hold your piece over the sink and shake it for 3-5 minutes. You want to make sure you turn your piece upside-down, right, left, etc., to cover all areas.
4. Once you’re done shaking you can dump out the the alcohol. You can do this in your sink but it smells pretty bad so I recommend dumping it outside. Rinse your piece out with water. This is when you can use the pipe cleaners to reach those hard-to-reach places.
*Make sure you remove all the alcohol from your piece. If you don’t there is a possibility it could light when you go to smoke.
5. Next, you want to throw your stem, slide, whatever you have, in the bowl. Pour some salt and rubbing alcohol in with it and shake the bowl back-and-forth for another 3-5 minutes.
6. Rinse out the pieces with water and dry with the towel.
Now your piece will look and function just like new!