Did you know how to make weed tea with stems? If you have been throwing them away for years, stop! We’re about to show you a whole new way to avoid “dankruptcy.”
If you don’t like tea, you can use this method to make coffee, hot chocolate or a similar drink – anything that you can put milk into. Keep your stems dry and safe in a glass jar, in a dark place. When you have accumulated about a quarter of a cup, try this recipe out…
How to to make weed tea with stems
• Dry stems. Optional: Leftover shake, popcorn herbs [smaller nuggets], or larger herbs for increased potency)
• 1 cup of coffee creamer (Half and Half) OR milk (almond, coconut, or any milk of your preference)
• 3 cups of water
• Tea (or coffee) that is best with milk or cream (try chai tea or a latte)
• Raw sugar or sweetener (agave, honey or maple syrup work well)
• Coffee filter or cheesecloth for straining
Instructions on how to make weed tea with stems
• Bring the milk or creamer to a boil in a small saucepan.
• While waiting for the milk to boil, grind your stems and loosies as finely as possible.
• As the milk or creamer comes to a boil, add the herbal stems, all busted up. Don’t walk away yet! Slowly stir the mixture and let it boil for close to 10 minutes. Keep stirring, slowly.
• Remove the mixture from heat, letting it sit and cool slightly. Prepare your cheesecloth or filter. Strain the milk and herbal mixture thoroughly into a cup. This may be a messy process, it is worth it!
• Make your tea or coffee. Combine this mixture with the herbal milk. The milk will not taste as it usually does, so make plenty of tea or coffee to dilute the milk. You may not like the taste, but you will love the effect!
• Sweeten your hot beverage as needed with sugar or sweetener. Add cinnamon or extra honey if you dislike the taste. Experiment as you would with tea or coffee, adding syrups or flavors.
• If you do not drink tea or coffee, try the herbal milk on its own, adding sweetener while it is still warm. Then you can make a milkshake out of it! Just add your own flavor and ice cream.
Enjoy! Feel free to roll yourself a nice joint, sit beside a warm fire, and sip tea all night long.